Friday, May 6, 2011

FIVE MINUTE FRIDAYS: Motherhood Should Come With....

Conspiring with all the other followers over at The Gypsy Mama, to bring y'all five minutes of motherhood inspiration- without labored editing, pregnant pauses, regrets or burdensome obligation:

GO
My Mom-"Granny"- with Lily, Liam and Ben-2007
One of my favorite photos-Seth-3mos.-bathing
in the kitchen sink
the pregnant belly I miss so very much-the epitome of optimism
forgiveness- for the human raising a human; a human flawed and fluttering about in the muck and mire of life, most of the time having no clue what "right" looks like; for the generations of sorrows and sickness we may carry into yet another being; for not being perfect.

peace- that we are good enough; that every minute we spend with our children in acceptance and love is as motherhood is designed- how life is sown and made rich in the blessing of unconditional freedom.

timelessness- to hold still in the joy that we breathe in naked newborn bottoms, wrinkled feet fresh from a bath, mud pies, dandelions, finger paint, homemade cards, magic kisses for boo-boos, the first "I love you Mommy", the faint drawing of breath of a child snuggled on your chest or your armpit

STOP








2 comments:

~Jess said...

Beautiful! Beautiful post! Beautiful pictures!

The Farmer Files said...

YES! Forgiveness!! Mothering requires so much grace!

About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Forty-three year-old, mother and staunch advocate of four young children, passionate warrior of truth and self, finding the soul in each day, sharing my struggles and triumphs as I live them. Mostly I do this for me, so my thoughts don't race as much at night as they used to. But I also give this to those of you who need to know, in any or every way, that you are not alone.

Follow Me Through My Daisies

On My Nightstand Tonight

  • Sarah's Key
  • The Bible (NIV)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive