Sunday, April 3, 2011

Wondrous Sprouts



Benjamin's Carrot Seeds Sprouting
 
 When I was around five, or six years-old, I remember shopping in the grocery store with my  mom and begging to purchase a pack of marigold seeds.  The picture, on the front of the packet, was so beautiful- the bright orange, gold and yellow blossoms- I couldnt wait to grow some of my own.  I also remember the profound disappointment of learning that marigolds don't thrive inside an apartment- which is where I spent the majority of my growing-up years. 
Lily's Hollyhock Seedlings

Fast forward thirty-five years, and you will find all four of my children enthralled by the growing of their own seeds.  My window sills have been devoured by pots filled with soil and the seeds of carrots, watermelon, pumpkins, tomatoes, and flowers.

Sprouts, wondrous sprouts!

Lily's Lupines

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Forty-three year-old, mother and staunch advocate of four young children, passionate warrior of truth and self, finding the soul in each day, sharing my struggles and triumphs as I live them. Mostly I do this for me, so my thoughts don't race as much at night as they used to. But I also give this to those of you who need to know, in any or every way, that you are not alone.

Follow Me Through My Daisies

On My Nightstand Tonight

  • Sarah's Key
  • The Bible (NIV)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive