Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Stream (Sprout) of Consciousness

Exhaustion settles in...husband on a trip for a couple of days...I felt done before I begun...the house is trashed but I am learning to pick my battles and today the house was not one of them...peanut butter and jelly rescuing my weary soul tonight...as I lay here...cold...hair wet with chlorine from an evening of swimming with four boys (three of my own, one who could be my own but he's not) and my daughter...trying hard not to be grouchy...but I'm tired...absorbed in the laughter of these kids heading down water slides and dunking one another in the pool..hearing the whistles of the lifeguards and knowing who they were for and not really caring because they were having fun and I love to watch that and nobody was drowning...rocking Seth tonight, lifting gratitude whispers to the heavens for splashing and courage and silly brothers and little friends we love and prayers of grace for the mother of his classmate who has stage three breast cancer, no hair, and four children...exhaustion settles in...

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Forty-three year-old, mother and staunch advocate of four young children, passionate warrior of truth and self, finding the soul in each day, sharing my struggles and triumphs as I live them. Mostly I do this for me, so my thoughts don't race as much at night as they used to. But I also give this to those of you who need to know, in any or every way, that you are not alone.

Follow Me Through My Daisies

On My Nightstand Tonight

  • Sarah's Key
  • The Bible (NIV)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive