Thursday, April 7, 2011

Nothin' Honey

This will be short and sweet.  Or maybe just short.  Not so sweet...

My New Favorite Mommy Treat
I've recently been turned on to the wonders of Greek yogurt.  It is ever so creamy and rich, not to mention that it has twice the protein than regular yogurt.  My all time favorite brand is FAGE, pronounced Fa-yeh.  Their cherry flavor is out of this world, almost as good as an ice cream sundae (but let's be honest- yogurt is so not ice cream), AND, most remarkably, it has no high fructose corn syrup or food dyes- so consuming this delight will not shorten my life span or ruin my brain.  It is a bit on the pricey side at $1.79 a cup, but as a "mommy treat" it is totally worth it.

Last week, in my haste to save some money, and cash in on some coupons I'd come across, I purchased a competitor's "Greek Yogurt", in "honey flavor" for about a third of the price of FAGE.  Imagine my disappointment, tonight, however, as I peeled off the lid- to find that 1) it is rather sour and leaves a sort of chemical taste on your tongue and 2) IT CONTAINS NO HONEY.  Now how does one market "honey" yogurt then just decide to omit this major ingredient?

Lesson learned- you get what you pay for and leave the Greek yogurt to the Greeks (even the ones in the U.S.)


****FAGE U.S.A. did not pay me to write this post or solicit my advertising with the promise of free product, though if they did, I'd be ecstatic****

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Forty-three year-old, mother and staunch advocate of four young children, passionate warrior of truth and self, finding the soul in each day, sharing my struggles and triumphs as I live them. Mostly I do this for me, so my thoughts don't race as much at night as they used to. But I also give this to those of you who need to know, in any or every way, that you are not alone.

Follow Me Through My Daisies

On My Nightstand Tonight

  • Sarah's Key
  • The Bible (NIV)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive