Friday, April 15, 2011

Five Minute Fridays: Going The Distance







Inspired by prompt over at The Gypsy Mama's place, here is my five minutes of unedited, stream of consciousness, musings about going the distance:

GO
literally speaking, we have gone a great distance today, on our first roadtrip in over seven months.  all six of us in the van, loaded down with suitcases and lacrosse sticks, enough junk food to sink a ship, and a cooler of bottled water.  as usual there was a lot of laughter and some fighting...interesting conversations...the last two chapters and epilogue of the book Hatchet by Gary Paulsen- read aloud by yours truly...my tooth cracked on a piece of ice and fell out...we talked of the upcoming Royal Wedding and Ben wondered how Princess Diana is going to get married if she is dead.  


Tom, my husband of nearly 14 yrs.
My Best Friend and rock- going
the distance for me, every single day
figuratively, I am encouraged that I have come a great distance in my life, seven months after being hospitalized for anxiety/panic attacks.  I am forever in the debt of many honorable and loving human beings who have gone this distance with me- my parents, my husband, my kids, and some incredible friends.  
STOP







4 comments:

All Things Beautiful said...

God is so gracious to give us family and friends to help us go the distance.

Patty Ann said...

Love it!! This was an amazing post. Thank you for sharing.

Mama Bear said...

Great post. What a great testimony to God's love and a loving family.

Sheryl said...

Seven months is a long trip providing God the opportunity to show off a little!

About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Forty-three year-old, mother and staunch advocate of four young children, passionate warrior of truth and self, finding the soul in each day, sharing my struggles and triumphs as I live them. Mostly I do this for me, so my thoughts don't race as much at night as they used to. But I also give this to those of you who need to know, in any or every way, that you are not alone.

Follow Me Through My Daisies

On My Nightstand Tonight

  • Sarah's Key
  • The Bible (NIV)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive