Friday, April 1, 2011

Five Minute Fridays: A Few Of My Favorite Things

Veggie Sushi- Yum
Silliness-Liam and Ben meditating










Wasabi! The more the better!
Inspired by today's topic from The Gypsy Mama, here are a few of my favorite things:

GO
Ben's dimples and watching him do flips on the trampoline thinking that he'll probably be in the olympics one day or some extreme sporting event because he has incredible natural athletic talent;
Looking over at Liam this afternoon and seeing how tall and handsome he has gotten and noticing how gentle his spirit is
Saying yes to my kids, when I'm tempted to say "no" and I don't really know why I'm saying "no" except we mothers often say "no".  I like when I take a risk on something new and say "yes."
My friends who are attached to my spirit with strings and who love me no matter what
Seeing birds after a long winter, even the one here that is not ending
Veggie Sushi, Lots of Wasabi, and time to myself, even if it is in the cafe of our local grocery store
Silliness
STOP

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the run-on rejoicing of your words! And veggie sushi??? Right up my alley - am vegetarian too, and LOVE me some creamy-hot wasabi!
Snagged your link via The Gypsy Mama - glad I did.
blessings -
Teri @ StumblingAroundInTheLight

The Farmer Files said...

Yeah....I go to my happy place when I say yes rather saying no for no reason to the kids. Ha. They grow so fast!

Christie said...

I love the happiness of this post, the little things that bring you joy! And veggie sushi? I must have some.

About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Forty-three year-old, mother and staunch advocate of four young children, passionate warrior of truth and self, finding the soul in each day, sharing my struggles and triumphs as I live them. Mostly I do this for me, so my thoughts don't race as much at night as they used to. But I also give this to those of you who need to know, in any or every way, that you are not alone.

Follow Me Through My Daisies

On My Nightstand Tonight

  • Sarah's Key
  • The Bible (NIV)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive