Tuesday, December 21, 2010

On a Lighter Note

the two of us, doing a guided meditation?  totally hilarious...
and necessary. 
I took my 7 year old to the doctor late this afternoon.  A half hour through our appointment, she asked if we would do a guided visualization with her...(Are you laughing yet?)....So we got comfortable on the couch and the music began.  The voice on the CD declared that we should picture ourselves on an elevator and I immediately got very nervous- not because I personally have a problem with elevators, but because my son is terrified of them (I happen to love them, which, perhaps, is why I need to take the stairs more often).  So I'm thinking that this is not going to be the relaxation the Dr. had imagined. But, surprisingly, things carried on without incident.  About ten minutes into the exercise, I peeked over at Ben, thinking that since he hadn't uttered a word, that he must be in a coma, or dead-and there he was,  playing with his eyelids, sticking his tongue out,  and rolling his eyeballs around in his head with amazing speed.  I just smiled and was completely impressed. 

1 comments:

Donna said...

I laughed out loud. Beautiful!

About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Forty-three year-old, mother and staunch advocate of four young children, passionate warrior of truth and self, finding the soul in each day, sharing my struggles and triumphs as I live them. Mostly I do this for me, so my thoughts don't race as much at night as they used to. But I also give this to those of you who need to know, in any or every way, that you are not alone.

Follow Me Through My Daisies

On My Nightstand Tonight

  • Sarah's Key
  • The Bible (NIV)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Powered by Blogger.