Monday, August 23, 2010

Project Linus

Somewhere East of Pittsburgh, there is a kind woman who made a fleece blanket, with construction signs and a beautiful crocheted edge, and donated it to Project Linus-a wonderful organization of volunteers who give of their time and effort so children who are in crisis can feel warm.  I know of this woman, and this blanket, because it is wrapped around my three year-old son, Seth, right now, as he sleeps.  He was the recipient of this amazing gift, back in June, when I had to rush him to the Emergency Room, grotesquely swollen from a bee sting.  Those hours were brutal- watching his face blow up about ten times the normal size, his teeth and tongue protruding...I thought I might lose him on the drive there. 

He was so excited that he got to keep "the struction banket" and the joy it brought to him was such a gift on that very scary evening.

The world is a much better place, for all of us, because it is made up of people who care and give- and even the simplest things can make such a difference...

1 comments:

Bonnie said...

When we were at Deer Valley this summer, all of the campers were encouraged to bring some fleece and make a blanket- I took the kids to JoAnn's on our way to camp and we each picked a fabric (Bill would have helped, but he decided to ride his bike the 100 miles to camp) and made blankes for Project Linus. We all had a great time, and they'll be thrilled to know that someone they know has one of the blankets! (We didn't choose a construction fabric....sorry!)

About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Forty-three year-old, mother and staunch advocate of four young children, passionate warrior of truth and self, finding the soul in each day, sharing my struggles and triumphs as I live them. Mostly I do this for me, so my thoughts don't race as much at night as they used to. But I also give this to those of you who need to know, in any or every way, that you are not alone.

Follow Me Through My Daisies

On My Nightstand Tonight

  • Sarah's Key
  • The Bible (NIV)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive