Thursday, May 6, 2010

Little Miracles

I have learned, in the last few years, not to take for granted, the mere act of survival. Sometimes I feel like each 24 hour period that I continue to run the race, I am a winner. What some would consider the most ordinary of accomplishments, I regard as triumphs. Today I didn't cry or feel like crawling in a hole. Today I bothered to take care of myself. Today I caught glimpses of love from people I think are beautiful and without whom I would be truly lost. Today I smiled and laughed and let go of the things in my life, right now, that I cannot control. Today I held each one of my babies, for all the moments they would allow, and I smelled their hair and tried to capture the essence of their being to hold deep in my soul. Today I thanked my husband for helping me to see another option. Today I made some really amazing people laugh. Today I heard the voices of my parents, and felt their best intentions for their only child. Today I liked all of me- and was thankful for all of the zany experiences that shape the way I look at my world. Today was a good day.

2 comments:

財榮 said...

辛苦了!祝你愈來愈好!........................................

Leonar said...

一棵樹除非在春天開了花,否則難望在秋天結果。..................................................

About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Forty-three year-old, mother and staunch advocate of four young children, passionate warrior of truth and self, finding the soul in each day, sharing my struggles and triumphs as I live them. Mostly I do this for me, so my thoughts don't race as much at night as they used to. But I also give this to those of you who need to know, in any or every way, that you are not alone.

Follow Me Through My Daisies

On My Nightstand Tonight

  • Sarah's Key
  • The Bible (NIV)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Powered by Blogger.