Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Pushing The Limits

Hey Jude don't make it bad
Take a sad song and make it better
Remember to let her into your heart
Then you can start to make it better

Hey Jude don't be afraid
You were made to go out and get her
The minute you let her under your skin
Then you begin to make it better

And any time you feel the pain, Hey Jude, refrain
Don't carry the world upon your shoulders
For well you know that it's a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder
Da da da da da
da da da da

Hey Jude don't let me down
You have found her now go and get her
Remember to let her into your heart
Then you can start to make it better

So let it out and let it in
Hey Jude begin
You're waiting for someone to perform with
And don't you know that it's just you
Hey Jude you'll do
The movement you need is on your shoulder

Da da da da da
da da da da Yeah

Hey Jude don't make it bad
Take a sad song and make it better
Remember to let her under your skin
Then you'll begin to make it better
Better, better, better, better, better, Yeah,Yeah,Yeah

1, 2, 3, 4, (Jude, Jude, Judey, Judey, Judey, Judey, Waaa!) 5, (Jude, Jude, Jude, Jude, Jude) 6, (Yah, Yah, Yah) 7, (Jude, HEY JUDE! WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!) 8, (OH, JUDE!) 9, 10 (Jude, Jude, Jude, Jude, Jude, YAH, YAH, YAH, YAH!) 11, 12, (Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah, OOOOH, WHAAAAAAAAAAA!) 13, 14, 15, (YAH, YAH, YAH, YAH, YAH, YAH, YAH, YAH, YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA!) 16, (JUDE, MAHMAHMAHMAHMAHMAAHAAAAHH!) 17, 18, (Woooooo!) 19, (Well then a Nah Nah...) 20...



Today was an especially bad day. I woke up done- like I needed to go back to bed and do the sleep routine for another eight hours, at least; the very act of actually climbing out from under the covers was more than I could do. Maybe my R.E.M. cycle had been interrupted one too many times during the night- I remember rousing at least twice, once from a weird dream and then, around 3am, for a horrifyingly wonderful thunder storm (I love storms).

Anyway, I have a really bad habit of turning inward when I feel stressed- it is far more comfortable for me to hermit than to reach out. So today, when I was gazing up from the "wrong side of the bed", so to speak, I was tempted to bury my angst in the piles of laundry in the basement...but, guess what? and here is the triumph...I showered (with Seth screaming outside the bathroom door), found clothes I liked, shoes to show off my tootsies- one of my best attributes at the moment, left Seth in the care of his loving therapist, and bolted out the door to have coffee with some women I love (and some I'd never met, but will probably love). And tonight, I feel encouraged at having pushed my limits...the day didn't improve very much, but I left my comfort zone and found solace in the company of humanity at its core (and it was so much sweeter than hiding).

I am starting to really get to know all the things that lurk beneath my skin- some of them I'm rather fond of, others leave me seeking change.

Tonight, on American Idol (yes, I am truly pathetic), the last performer of the night turned out a fantastic rendition of "Hea Jude." This, for some strange reason, has always been one of my all-time favorite Beatles tracks, and whether or not it is about heroin addiction or John Lennon's son Julian, or some other mysterious topic, I get it. And it fits.

About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Forty-three year-old, mother and staunch advocate of four young children, passionate warrior of truth and self, finding the soul in each day, sharing my struggles and triumphs as I live them. Mostly I do this for me, so my thoughts don't race as much at night as they used to. But I also give this to those of you who need to know, in any or every way, that you are not alone.

Follow Me Through My Daisies

On My Nightstand Tonight

  • Sarah's Key
  • The Bible (NIV)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Powered by Blogger.