Friday, March 5, 2010

Meet Bob



Bob is our six month old great dane mix puppy. He is our happy ending to losing Lola. He is a rambunctious adolescent, whose heart is alive with love but who makes me wring my hands together at least once a day....He was rescued from a junkyard in Tennessee and came to live with us in mid-January, about a week before the avalanche of snow hit Pittsburgh and forced all humans, canines, and felines in the Sombar abode to go into involuntary hibernation. Bob has not replaced the spirit of his predecessor-especially for my two year-old who utters her name, like a mantra, once an hour or so. But we are happy to have him here, giving us doggie kisses and prancing, much like a rabbit, through the yard, chasing sticks and pieces of mulch, or his tail. He loves the kids, whom he waits for everyday afterschool, in the livingroom, bounding like a horse in mid-air, to tackle them at the door. He has become rather chagrined with Seth, however, due to his confusing habit of licking and biting Bob- a somewhat mysterious reversal of behaviors. He will begin his obedience class next Saturday, appropriately called "Teen Intervention"- I'll be bringing Lily along in case there are philosophies discussed which might apply to her too. :)

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Forty-three year-old, mother and staunch advocate of four young children, passionate warrior of truth and self, finding the soul in each day, sharing my struggles and triumphs as I live them. Mostly I do this for me, so my thoughts don't race as much at night as they used to. But I also give this to those of you who need to know, in any or every way, that you are not alone.

Follow Me Through My Daisies

On My Nightstand Tonight

  • Sarah's Key
  • The Bible (NIV)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Powered by Blogger.