Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Daisies Are Almost Within Reach

I grew up a pretty gutsy girl, the only child of pretty ordinary parents (though my mother's migration from the Western slopes of Colorado to Washington, D.C., in her twenties, to become a secretary for the Federal Government, certainly qualifies her for the "bold broad" award- though she forgets this most of the time)- the boat never rocked much during my formative years...Yet my spirt always seemed to be reaching higher and today I am whispering softly to that girl who lives inside me, who had bigger ideas than she knew what to do with and a drive for creativity that made her soar. I am asking her to remind me of that gusto, of how I had it in me to face unbelievable challenges to achieve better. Our family is making some difficult choices right now, taking amazing strides to find joy on different paths than we have taken before.

Today I am thankful to my God who hears my doubts and answers with encouragement from surprising sources. I am grateful to my husband and children, who are all incredible dream seekers. They are giving me the courage I need to follow them, even when I keep planting my feet in this soil and refusing to move.

We are closer than ever to picking those daisies, folks. And I'm starting to smile imagining how they'll look in my hands, while I'm staring down at my barefeet, skipping stones in brooks and eating ice cream on carousels.

3 comments:

kirsten michelle said...

I can't wait to hear what develops!!

said...

舊書不厭百回讀,熟讀深思子自知。........................................

討厭 said...

If you can not be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.............................................

About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Forty-three year-old, mother and staunch advocate of four young children, passionate warrior of truth and self, finding the soul in each day, sharing my struggles and triumphs as I live them. Mostly I do this for me, so my thoughts don't race as much at night as they used to. But I also give this to those of you who need to know, in any or every way, that you are not alone.

Follow Me Through My Daisies

On My Nightstand Tonight

  • Sarah's Key
  • The Bible (NIV)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Powered by Blogger.