Saturday, December 5, 2009

Leaving The Island-Leaving Behind A Life Wanted

We left the Island a week ago and headed back to Pittsburgh. Since our return I have been asked numerous times "how was your trip?" My reply is always the same- "FANTASTIC!!" along with the line that "it is hard to be back." I think most people assume that it is because of the frigid temps we are experiencing here in Western, PA. Of course I cannot deny my discomfort with being cooped up in a house, with grey skies and feeling cold no matter what, but the real sadness is in our lack of togetherness. In Florida, we spend ten days enjoying one another's company, watching as our children ran about and lived life without restraint- jumping into Renee's pool with their clothes on- over and over again, catching frogs and building them habitats, holding three inch long grass hoppers, fishing in the canal, flying kites, digging for shells, building sandcastles....now there are worksheets and inane rules and sitting for hours at a desk. Tom and I both feel the intensity, now more than ever, to get back to our togetheritis. And I believe we will, sooner rather than later.

1 comments:

美好 said...

Gods mill grinds slow but sure........................................

About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Forty-three year-old, mother and staunch advocate of four young children, passionate warrior of truth and self, finding the soul in each day, sharing my struggles and triumphs as I live them. Mostly I do this for me, so my thoughts don't race as much at night as they used to. But I also give this to those of you who need to know, in any or every way, that you are not alone.

Follow Me Through My Daisies

On My Nightstand Tonight

  • Sarah's Key
  • The Bible (NIV)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Powered by Blogger.