Monday, November 16, 2009

Laughing

Tom and I started a business a couple of months ago, which forces us to spend time within inches of one another, in a cramped office space that we thieved from our six year-old son. This may only happen once a day, for a few minutes, but it is fun- it is the way we met fifteen years ago, and what we've always enjoyed.

We are in the midst of planning the annual "where in the world are the silly Sombars" annual Thanksgiving roadtrip. I mindlessly began creating a mix CD on my computer, before being hit over the head with the dreadful reality that my two year-old broke the CD player in the van by dumping about 25 pennies into it over the summer. Tom and I busted out laughing thinking of our few but pathetic options for playing our favorite tunes (it is going to be a LONG DRIVE- I'll give that hint)....bringing a boom box to sit on my lap, hooking up our tiny iPod shuffle to miniature speakers.....

Laughter is such good medicine for a marriage that has some craziness lurking around every corner.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Forty-three year-old, mother and staunch advocate of four young children, passionate warrior of truth and self, finding the soul in each day, sharing my struggles and triumphs as I live them. Mostly I do this for me, so my thoughts don't race as much at night as they used to. But I also give this to those of you who need to know, in any or every way, that you are not alone.

Follow Me Through My Daisies

On My Nightstand Tonight

  • Sarah's Key
  • The Bible (NIV)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Powered by Blogger.