Monday, September 21, 2009

The Best Thing About Giving....

Even if you are completely ovewhelmed by your own life- your issues, your dramas, your_______ (fill in the blank), one of the best gifts you can give yourself is giving to someone else. I know this for certain because today, after spending every moment from 6am until dinnertime engaged in some activity or another, and with my children in varying states of misbehavior, and my own spirit a little damp, I made a meal for a friend whose life is a bit topsy-turvey. And I thought about how my evening would have been like any other if it weren't for the fact that we, as a family, had just helped another family have a better day. We've been the recipients of this simple but extraordinary gesture, and I'd like to think that those who made meals for us were somehow as touched as I was tonight.

'Tis better to give? Oh, yeah- totally. (though the receiving ain't half bad either!)

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Forty-three year-old, mother and staunch advocate of four young children, passionate warrior of truth and self, finding the soul in each day, sharing my struggles and triumphs as I live them. Mostly I do this for me, so my thoughts don't race as much at night as they used to. But I also give this to those of you who need to know, in any or every way, that you are not alone.

Follow Me Through My Daisies

On My Nightstand Tonight

  • Sarah's Key
  • The Bible (NIV)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Powered by Blogger.