Tuesday, August 25, 2009

No News Is Good News

Fret not, dear readers, my silence here is only due to my willingness to more mindfully parent my children in these last few weeks of summer vacation though I just joined a writing group and find it terribly ironic that it coincided with me choosing not to write for a month). School has returned with a fervor and, frankly, I'm just plumb wor' out, folks. As I relayed to a friend last week, who was concerned about my silence, I blog everyday, most every hour, in my mind- a running diatribe of thoughts spewing any which way but on this page. Seems that when I finally take some down-time for myself, I just want to crash and read a good book. And I've been reading some fine literary works: Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert, Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen, Name All The Animals by Alison Smith, and The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs (which I'm currently enjoying while avoiding my tendancy to straddle many books at a time- because I've got the glorious Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson tempting me like the serpent to Eve in the garden "Pick me up, Judy- you can read us both and still have brain cells left for all your other duties...come on Juuuuuuuudy). I've also read some works that I've not enjoyed so much (just my opinion, of course), like: The Senator's Wife by Sue Miller, and A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick.

I am going to mosey to bed now, for some much needed slumber. I promise that a "catch-you-up" post will be forthcoming any hour now, along with some fabulous photos of my crazy bunch of kids.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Forty-three year-old, mother and staunch advocate of four young children, passionate warrior of truth and self, finding the soul in each day, sharing my struggles and triumphs as I live them. Mostly I do this for me, so my thoughts don't race as much at night as they used to. But I also give this to those of you who need to know, in any or every way, that you are not alone.

Follow Me Through My Daisies

On My Nightstand Tonight

  • Sarah's Key
  • The Bible (NIV)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Powered by Blogger.