Monday, June 15, 2009

Standing On The Beach

Tonight...
I saw the naked behind of my two year old, who had taken his clothes off, deciding he needed to be in that ocean just the way he came into this world...
Tonight...
I begged my daughter to sit beside me on the beach, even though she really wanted to walk back to the house because she was "bored". I looked at her, in all of her beauty, and I whispered a wish to the heavens that we would always be friends...
Tonight...
I watched my six year-old try to surf on his boogie board, knowing that one day he will be a superstar at everything he does and I'm amazed at his energy...
Tonight...
I looked for seashells for Liam, who was nursing a sunburn in my bed at the house- and I missed him.
Tonight...
I walked slowly up the dune, trailing my family, and dared to believe that I may just be witnessing a life where all that I've longed for is right here in my midst and maybe, just maybe, i can finally exhale

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Forty-three year-old, mother and staunch advocate of four young children, passionate warrior of truth and self, finding the soul in each day, sharing my struggles and triumphs as I live them. Mostly I do this for me, so my thoughts don't race as much at night as they used to. But I also give this to those of you who need to know, in any or every way, that you are not alone.

Follow Me Through My Daisies

On My Nightstand Tonight

  • Sarah's Key
  • The Bible (NIV)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive