Saturday, June 13, 2009

Palm Trees and Sun- We ain't in Pittsburgh No More


Some friends of ours convinced us to travel South with them, and another family, for the week- to get the heck out of the Burgh and get a little vitamin D from its most natural source. So we took off (after a few minor squabbles)yesterday evening and drove until almost 3 this morning the Sombar kids, barely conscious, at 2:45am, after a very long drive, getting ready to settle into our suite in Charlotte, NC.,


stayed in a nice hotel, then drove another four hours to their beach house. My kids have been looking forward to this road trip since we decided to go and are ga-ga over this most fabulous beginning to their summer vacation. The house has a pool, so after check-in, my three oldest spent hours in the water (Lily didn't even bother changing into a suit- she dove in fully clothed!), doing their best cannonballs and dives.







Dinner was burgers and dogs on the grill, then we all danced around the kitchen to the latest hip-hop grooves (a real sight for sore eyes, let me tell you).
Lily and Ben getting groovey Sofia and Erin showing off their moves while devouring some Breyer's ice cream.

Benjamin lost a tooth a few hours ago, so the tooth fairy better find some cash then get some much-needed shut-eye.

Good night everyone! Lily watching some Disney channel before nodding off

Liam on the bottom bunk

Lily and Theresa, who is here with her mom, another "Judy."




Sethy is too pooped to pop!

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Forty-three year-old, mother and staunch advocate of four young children, passionate warrior of truth and self, finding the soul in each day, sharing my struggles and triumphs as I live them. Mostly I do this for me, so my thoughts don't race as much at night as they used to. But I also give this to those of you who need to know, in any or every way, that you are not alone.

Follow Me Through My Daisies

On My Nightstand Tonight

  • Sarah's Key
  • The Bible (NIV)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive