Monday, June 22, 2009

First Day of Summer Camps

The three big kids started their camps today. Liam and Benjamin are attending morning "playground camp" and Lily is at the Young Writers Institute, in the mornings, for two weeks.

This morning, Ben and I were snuggling in bed and he was interrogating me, with all his nervous energy, about what his camp would be like (this is the first year that he was eligible, due to age, to attend with his big brother). He then asked "Mommy- where Lily goin' to be?" So I told him about him about the Writer's Institute, to which he replied "What they do there, Mommy?" "Well, Ben, they write- these kids like to write." "What else they do there?" "Nothing, Ben." "Mommy- that bo-rin'. That a dumb camp...".

So there you have it folks, out of the mouth of Ben...

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Forty-three year-old, mother and staunch advocate of four young children, passionate warrior of truth and self, finding the soul in each day, sharing my struggles and triumphs as I live them. Mostly I do this for me, so my thoughts don't race as much at night as they used to. But I also give this to those of you who need to know, in any or every way, that you are not alone.

Follow Me Through My Daisies

On My Nightstand Tonight

  • Sarah's Key
  • The Bible (NIV)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive