Sunday, May 31, 2009

Thoughts

http://media.www.collegian.com/media/storage/paper864/news/2009/04/08/News/Ingersoll.Resident.Found.Dead.By.Suicide-3701457.shtml

We attended a reception this afternoon to honor the baptism of our newest neighbor, Christopher. Seven months ago, our neighbors' daughter gave birth to this sweet soul, though just a mere adolescent herself. I imagine this was, at first, not such joyous news for her parents, having just ushered her off to college- her freshman year of what was to be an ambitious college career.

We found out about the birth a few months after it occured and I remember sending my neighbor a letter of support, stating very simply, at one point, that of all the calls to receive from your teenager, pregnancy is so much more hopeful than others.

The link to the newspaper clipping at the top of this post is a suicide notice from the campus of Colorado State University, and the anonymous victim mentioned in the article was my cousin Travis.

May all of our disappointments involving our children be put into perspective.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Forty-three year-old, mother and staunch advocate of four young children, passionate warrior of truth and self, finding the soul in each day, sharing my struggles and triumphs as I live them. Mostly I do this for me, so my thoughts don't race as much at night as they used to. But I also give this to those of you who need to know, in any or every way, that you are not alone.

Follow Me Through My Daisies

On My Nightstand Tonight

  • Sarah's Key
  • The Bible (NIV)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Powered by Blogger.