Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Lily- Her Life In Pictures Thus Far

As we near the end of the school year, I've been overwhelmed with the task of gathering photos of Lily for her upcoming fifth grade recognition celebration she will move on to middle school next year). Nearly swallowed whole by boxes and boxes of prints, I sat in my livingroom filled with nostalgia, seeing images of the last eleven years before me. In addition to feeling like I could have seventeen more babies, just gazing at the beautiful faces of my children, I also feel joy that they have, thus far, lived such a rich life in our midst. For all of the hours that I spend wallowing in worry that Tom and I are not perfect parents, there is no denying the wealth of experiences our four have received from being cared for in our arms. And I don't regret a single minute that we've spent treading the paths we've chosen- they have all been filled with our best intentions and a depth of love that is indescribable with words. Enjoy glimpsing into this short but lovely timeline of my amazing daughter's first eleven years. She is an incredible soul.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

". . . in addition to feeling like I could have seventeen more babies. . ."

OH HONEY NO!! Back away from the crazy. Right now.

Judy Sombar said...

I just belly laughed out loud at that comment. No kidding. Like my friend Mary Anne always says- that is the devil talking- don't listen.

About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Forty-three year-old, mother and staunch advocate of four young children, passionate warrior of truth and self, finding the soul in each day, sharing my struggles and triumphs as I live them. Mostly I do this for me, so my thoughts don't race as much at night as they used to. But I also give this to those of you who need to know, in any or every way, that you are not alone.

Follow Me Through My Daisies

On My Nightstand Tonight

  • Sarah's Key
  • The Bible (NIV)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Powered by Blogger.