Friday, April 3, 2009

Liam To The Symphony....A Morning of Resistance


The second graders in our school district are going to the symphony this morning, so we parents were instructed to "dress" them appropriately. Easier said than done, people. Just weeks ago, I stripped the boys' closets of all button-down shirts, and made a nice big donation to Goodwill, since they refuse to wear anything that would resemble fine haberdashery. So, on Wednesday I ran out to find him a dress shirt and tie and I've heard nothing but moaning and complaining ever since. "MOMMY-I AM NOT WEARING A TIE!!!!!" ("yes you are, Liam, because Daddy would have to wear a tie if he ever went to the symphony.."). So at 8:00 this morning there was nothing but gnashing of teeth as Liam stowed himself behind closed doors, refusing to come out, attempting to "do" his own hair with my mousse. He finally emerged, looking handsome as ever (except for his shirt, which he absolutely refused to tuck-in. I picked my battles). I took his picture- I just couldn't resist- but he was bitter. His father got him to school on time, donning tie and matted down hair, and a growl. If this is the hardest thing that he ever has to do, he's one lucky boy. He just doesn't know that...yet.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Forty-three year-old, mother and staunch advocate of four young children, passionate warrior of truth and self, finding the soul in each day, sharing my struggles and triumphs as I live them. Mostly I do this for me, so my thoughts don't race as much at night as they used to. But I also give this to those of you who need to know, in any or every way, that you are not alone.

Follow Me Through My Daisies

On My Nightstand Tonight

  • Sarah's Key
  • The Bible (NIV)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Powered by Blogger.