Friday, March 13, 2009

Stealing From Shawndra's Blog

We arrived home from our magical yet exhausting and somewhat stressful journey to DisneyWorld this afternoon (more on that later). I vowed not to go on-line tonight, knowing how overwhelmed I would be with email and with the even greater temptation for me to divulge the many wonders and set-backs of the last seven days.....but I caved in a while ago, needing to check on Shawndra. After a day of screaming and crying (into the humid air of Orlando, at the airport, in the airplane, in my bedroom), I found myself humbled at the news of her flight toward the finish-line and took comfort in this verse, from the book of Matthew, posted to her blog site:

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" Enjoy today, let God handle the rest!

So I'm going upstairs to finish watching "The Karate Kid" with Liam and Tom, then I'm going to whisper sweet-nothings to my patient husband and get some much needed sleep.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Forty-three year-old, mother and staunch advocate of four young children, passionate warrior of truth and self, finding the soul in each day, sharing my struggles and triumphs as I live them. Mostly I do this for me, so my thoughts don't race as much at night as they used to. But I also give this to those of you who need to know, in any or every way, that you are not alone.

Follow Me Through My Daisies

On My Nightstand Tonight

  • Sarah's Key
  • The Bible (NIV)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive