Sunday, January 25, 2009

My Half-Full Kids

Part of the struggle of my life right now is the sheer effort and energy it takes to adequately raise four kids- giving all some semblance of quality time and, well, my best. There is a lot of give give give and I lack in the areas of solitude, which I so desperately need. But my children are also a source of strength for me- they are why I do all that I do and they are my hope for the future in times of despair.

I walked into my kitchen and gazed out at the yard through my windows, where I saw snow falling with gusto AGAIN- and I let out a moan and a sigh. But Lily, bouncing through the room with a purse she's been sewing all day, said "yeah- Mommy- its snowing and that means if we go to the ice cream place we will all get free second scoops!!" So at this very moment, my husband and my oldest three kids are on their way to Bruesters,
to drown themselves in some delicious dairy delights,while I stay here with my sleeping Sethy. And for just a few minutes, I forgot to be miserable. :) So, here's to double scoops on snowy days!


PS And yes, they will be bringing mother and baby some treats home in to-go cups. Vanilla for Sethy and Peanut Butter Puddles for me. Yum-yum!

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Forty-three year-old, mother and staunch advocate of four young children, passionate warrior of truth and self, finding the soul in each day, sharing my struggles and triumphs as I live them. Mostly I do this for me, so my thoughts don't race as much at night as they used to. But I also give this to those of you who need to know, in any or every way, that you are not alone.

Follow Me Through My Daisies

On My Nightstand Tonight

  • Sarah's Key
  • The Bible (NIV)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive