Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Continued Struggles

My husband is on his third business trip in the last seven days. Granny (my mom) is still here (and tonight, very generously sleeping with Benjamin in the bunkbed to attempt to keep him from waking me in the night). She and I have both been battling the inevitable winter colds, while the kids have been off of school since last Friday, due to frigid temps then the obvious Monday celebration for Dr. King, and Tuesday- an "in-service" day. We're all going a bit bonkers with the snow (about 6-8 inches) and cold, though personally, I would be totally content to slink under my covers and hibernate for the next few months. The South is becoming more tempting as the hours go by and I'm staring out into a gray horizon. Pittsburgh is rated one of the top places to raise kids----they should add the caveat, however, "if you don't have seasonal affective disorder." If so- RUN RUN RUN-- far away.

So if any of you, dear readers, know of ANY TOWN, where the sun shines more than not, and the temps stay above fifty year-round, email me immediately.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Forty-three year-old, mother and staunch advocate of four young children, passionate warrior of truth and self, finding the soul in each day, sharing my struggles and triumphs as I live them. Mostly I do this for me, so my thoughts don't race as much at night as they used to. But I also give this to those of you who need to know, in any or every way, that you are not alone.

Follow Me Through My Daisies

On My Nightstand Tonight

  • Sarah's Key
  • The Bible (NIV)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive