Sunday, December 14, 2008

A Chuckle to Myself

I found myself silently amused today, while standing in a very long line at Target- In front of me stood a big and burly,forty-something gentleman, patiently waiting his turn behind about five toy-crazed grandmothers. He was carrying his lone item in his armpit- one of those fur toilet lid covers that i'm certain is exclusive to American culture. I kept thinking to myself, in between the stray ganders I was taking at the various tabloids alongside me, "did he really have to have a furry thing for his potty, on this cold day in December? Was it really worth braving the nutjobs out shopping for Hannah Montana barbie dolls, talking dinosaurs, and Guitar Hero to get that mysterious piece of decor, left-over from some wayward seventies trend? Or was it the only thing needed to complete his wife's bathroom makeover and he wasn't going to be able to watch the Steelers game in peace if he didn't go get it?" Either way, it was strangely funny to me and definitely fodder for my slightly frustrated mind.

1 comments:

Jen said...

This is so funny! I'm betting that he needed a warm, fuzzy toilet seat cover precisely BECAUSE it was a cold December day. :)

About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Forty-three year-old, mother and staunch advocate of four young children, passionate warrior of truth and self, finding the soul in each day, sharing my struggles and triumphs as I live them. Mostly I do this for me, so my thoughts don't race as much at night as they used to. But I also give this to those of you who need to know, in any or every way, that you are not alone.

Follow Me Through My Daisies

On My Nightstand Tonight

  • Sarah's Key
  • The Bible (NIV)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive