Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Southwest Yummy

I made a soup from scratch today for lunch (miracle of miracles)- and it was a HUGE hit in my house- my super picky hubby and my one year-old licked it up- with Seth screaming for thirds and fourths and uttering "yum" in between spoonfuls.

Here's the recipe:

In a Vitamix or Food Processor, combine:

2 c of hot water
1 c of organic beef broth
one large organic carrot, unpeeled
2 small roma tomatoes
1 c of organic green cabbage
1/3 of a yellow squash
1 each: mini yellow, red, and orange sweet peppers, including cores/seeds
1 small clove of garlic
1 T of southwest spice

process on high until thoroughly chopped and mixed (in Vitamix- 6 mins.)

on low speed, add 1/2 can organic black beans, 1/2 c of organic frozen corn
2 handfuls of organic tortilla chips.

serve with shredded mexican cheese and sour cream if desired.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Forty-three year-old, mother and staunch advocate of four young children, passionate warrior of truth and self, finding the soul in each day, sharing my struggles and triumphs as I live them. Mostly I do this for me, so my thoughts don't race as much at night as they used to. But I also give this to those of you who need to know, in any or every way, that you are not alone.

Follow Me Through My Daisies

On My Nightstand Tonight

  • Sarah's Key
  • The Bible (NIV)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive