Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Sethy Walks!!!!

Here I come Lily- ready or not! Look at me, Mommy! I am so big!



My children are all on the slow-boat to gross-motor skills. Every single one of them have pushed the envelope of "normal" when it comes to walking, talking, reading, writing, drawing, etc. This can be very frustrating for mothers, especially first-timers, when faced with peers who count their children's milestones as some trophy they've received for the Best Parenting In The World award (we all know mommys like that- don't we- "oh, dear marjorie- she's so wonderful- she's been sleeping through the night since she was just two days old, she walked at eight months, and now, at only two years of age, is fluent in four different languages! her preschool teachers think we should have her tested for intellectual superiority!! And how are your kids doing, Judy?!!"

Well, in the end, the Sombar children always come through in the eleventh hour, just short of some intervention by one professional or another. Seth, of course, following in the footsteps of his siblings, took his first real steps the other day, about two weeks shy of his eighteenth month. I had just warned Tom that we were going to be in trouble if he showed up at his next well-baby check-up without having walked, and less than an hour later- Sethy took off across the living room like a bat out of hell.

Who says he ain't normal?!!


Seth enjoying his favorite treat- Granny, so happy he decided to save his big achievement for when she was visiting, took us all out for ice cream to celebrate! Hooray for Sethy!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh, I feel your angst. Over Thanksgiving at my place -- sadly, not involving any sort of water slides -- I had to witness my sister whining about how she has to beg her tiny, slender children to accept a few teensy bites of food. OH NOES! Too bad YOUR kids are so HUSKY, Rachel. Ugh. The hits just keep on coming.

Judy Sombar said...

Rachel- who in the world would say something like that? perhaps shoving the turkey down her back would have been appropriate?!!! do you have a blog?

Mother Wit said...

I've been enjoying reading your blog, which I just found today.

My third daughter did a similar thing. We were at the doctor's office and I told the nurse I was concerned that she wasn't talking yet. The nurse made a note and left the room. Just as the door closed, my daughter looked at me and said, "Momma"! :)

About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Forty-three year-old, mother and staunch advocate of four young children, passionate warrior of truth and self, finding the soul in each day, sharing my struggles and triumphs as I live them. Mostly I do this for me, so my thoughts don't race as much at night as they used to. But I also give this to those of you who need to know, in any or every way, that you are not alone.

Follow Me Through My Daisies

On My Nightstand Tonight

  • Sarah's Key
  • The Bible (NIV)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive