Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A Patriotic Day




It was a seemingly perfect day here in the Burgh- nearly seventy degrees, sunny, the gorgeous autumn leaves surrounding us, as Tom and I, along with our four children, walked to the polls this morning. I felt a surge of empowerment, with Benjamin at my side, as I entered my choice for President in my booth. What a privelege it is to live in this democracy, where voting is a right, for everyone, and where we can freely display our opinions on the candidates, without fear of reprocussions.

Afterward, I took the kids to a friend's home and we raked her leaves and played a rousing game of softball- boys against girls (about nine testosterone filled little humans versus Linda, Lily and I).

I am proud to be an American today- proud that my children got to witness their parents caring about the state of our country and its future leaders; proud that there is a Black man and a woman on the ballot, and that we can FINALLY say to them, and mean it, that they CAN be whatever they want to be- even president!

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Forty-three year-old, mother and staunch advocate of four young children, passionate warrior of truth and self, finding the soul in each day, sharing my struggles and triumphs as I live them. Mostly I do this for me, so my thoughts don't race as much at night as they used to. But I also give this to those of you who need to know, in any or every way, that you are not alone.

Follow Me Through My Daisies

On My Nightstand Tonight

  • Sarah's Key
  • The Bible (NIV)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive