Monday, September 1, 2008

Bringing Down The Fence- in true "Labor" Day fashion


Dan Gbur (our neighbor) and my husband Tom spent several hours today tearing down the fence that separates their property from ours- partly because it was one of those rusty old chain link models- popular for some unknown reason in decades past, but also to take away the danger posed to our children as they routinely would hop the fence to visit one another, coming very close to some tetanus induced disease.

At one point my friend Hailey, Dan's wife, joined in, destroying the rampant and thorny Virginia creeper, whose roots were firmly entrenched in the fence, trees, and surrounding soil of our perimeter, then Pete and Donna, our other neighbors added their muscle for a couple of hours more.

Now, as I look out upon my landscape, I see nothing but the beauty of about twelve Hemlocks on the horizon....and a few dozen toys...and its lovely.

Ah- the joys of our little community here in the Burgh. The human spirit is indeed alive and well- especially about six miles south of steel-town.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Forty-three year-old, mother and staunch advocate of four young children, passionate warrior of truth and self, finding the soul in each day, sharing my struggles and triumphs as I live them. Mostly I do this for me, so my thoughts don't race as much at night as they used to. But I also give this to those of you who need to know, in any or every way, that you are not alone.

Follow Me Through My Daisies

On My Nightstand Tonight

  • Sarah's Key
  • The Bible (NIV)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Powered by Blogger.