Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Watching The Olympics While Laughing Hysterically

I grabbed a book today that I'd heard good things about- "The Three Martini Family Vacation." And, of course, my usual ADD-Happy-Slappy was sitting on the sofa multi-tasking during the synchronized diving and men's beach volleyball- trying to read a little of what has turned out to be a most hilarious diatribe of parenting- and one I could've written myself (if I was slightly more talented and less bogged down with...you guessed it...parenting). If you've nothing better to do, as the summer winds down, or if you also have trouble doing less than five things at once, you may want to check it out- its good for a laugh (one of those "oh-my-goodness-i'm-going-to-pee-my-pants" kind of chortles), and for some hard-core validation for all the things that have irritated the hell out of you (that nobody warned you about) since you became a mother, and advice you wish your sadly misquided pals and family members would heed.

And, oh, on a less hysterical but incredibly empowering and hopeful note- here's a photo that my good pal Lila emailed to me earlier today. I think it speaks for itself- Wake up World- Girls Rule!

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Forty-three year-old, mother and staunch advocate of four young children, passionate warrior of truth and self, finding the soul in each day, sharing my struggles and triumphs as I live them. Mostly I do this for me, so my thoughts don't race as much at night as they used to. But I also give this to those of you who need to know, in any or every way, that you are not alone.

Follow Me Through My Daisies

On My Nightstand Tonight

  • Sarah's Key
  • The Bible (NIV)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive