Thursday, August 28, 2008

The End Of Zen a/k/a Ben in the cemetery

My two older kids, Lily and Liam, returned to school on Monday, and that left Ben and Seth to accompany me on my walks through the cemetery. I hypothesized over the weekend that the hardest part of my journey would be the additional fifty-four pounds to push, not counting the extra weight of the double-jogger. Well, I'm here to tell you folks- the physical labor couldn't possibly compare to the misery of my son's diarrhea of the mouth. I know that a good mother would never say such a horrible thing- I should be shrouded in gratitude for the gift of my son and his conversationalism. A better mother would have an entire diatribe devoted to the cuteness of her offspring. I, however, will confess a very strong temptation to wallop my little boy in the head as he asked the following, over and over again, for an hour- "why they die mamma? what that mamma- there bones in there mama? why they put hearts in the ground mama? is there skin in there? when we going home mommy? mommy- you bring money? we going to the coffee shop mommy? I can walk mommy? How many more days until kindergarden mommy? mommy, when the kids coming home, mommy? mommy what all those flags for? why we needs soldiers mommy? what a soldier? mommy, all those people soldiers? what that balloon for mommy? MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMY- WHEN WE GOING TO BE DONE cause I'M BORED?

the days of zen with my peaceful infant strolling along have come to an abrupt end. i love my children, but give me a break- i just want to hear myself think while i sweat through the hills of Pittsburgh. Just one hour of quiet meditation Lord. Please.

1 comments:

Lori said...

LOL, Judy! I feel your pain. I just said to my husband last night that our 5 yo hadn't stopped since he walked out the door to soccer practice over an hour before...not for 2 straight minutes was that child quiet. It's uncanny. I was feeling rather overwhelmed by the time he returned. Some kind of sensory overload or something. I told him I need a sound-proof room! (Sounds like we're kindred spirits in the mother department!) I told my mom something yesterday and she said I lost Mother of the Year. I told her I always lose it on January 1st!! :)

BTW, thanks so much for your condolences and I'm sorry to hear about your kitty. :( I think it's harder when you've had them since they were babies. It's just more personal somehow.

I'm glad you like my title. I've always worried that it might be offensive to those with 4, but it's not meant to be...just that 3 is plenty for us!! If you search for Business Time on my blog, you'll see the inspiration for the description. Very funny!

Have a great long weekend!

About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Forty-three year-old, mother and staunch advocate of four young children, passionate warrior of truth and self, finding the soul in each day, sharing my struggles and triumphs as I live them. Mostly I do this for me, so my thoughts don't race as much at night as they used to. But I also give this to those of you who need to know, in any or every way, that you are not alone.

Follow Me Through My Daisies

On My Nightstand Tonight

  • Sarah's Key
  • The Bible (NIV)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive