Friday, August 22, 2008

The Best Medicine

A dear friend of mine is going through some difficult times,so though we are currently away on vacation, I took a day off to meet her and just hangout. We mostly took it easy, discussing books, men, movies, music- you know, the best parts of life. Occasionally, once her kids got off the bus and arrived home, I would put my hands together in the shape of a shark fin and chase them around her bedroom, pretending to be jaws, while she gave me a makeover (she can apply eyeshadow like Van Gogh put paint to canvas-) and put my hair in curlers (yes, curlers). Soon her mom, whom I haven't laid eyes on in a couple decades, stopped by to see me, and all three of us were nearly bent over at the waist, laughing so hard about the dumb things we used to do. Laughter IS good, isn't it?

And, oh, by the way, the curlers were a huge hit (gasp!). Her children told me, many times last night, that my hair looked crazy, though for a second I thought I resembled a slightly more robust, if just a bit shorter, Marilyn Monroe. Of course, most kids haven't a clue who that woman is so they just looked at me like I was a nut, especially when I started in with my rendition of "Happy Birthday Mr. President..."

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Forty-three year-old, mother and staunch advocate of four young children, passionate warrior of truth and self, finding the soul in each day, sharing my struggles and triumphs as I live them. Mostly I do this for me, so my thoughts don't race as much at night as they used to. But I also give this to those of you who need to know, in any or every way, that you are not alone.

Follow Me Through My Daisies

On My Nightstand Tonight

  • Sarah's Key
  • The Bible (NIV)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive