Sunday, July 6, 2008

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

"In every job that must be done there is an element of fun...you find the fun and SNAP...the job's a game" Mary Poppins


I've been talking a lot lately, with some of my co-horts in the "program" about joy- how hard it is to experience it some days- when you feel so bogged down and overwhelmed with life and this worry that you are somehow inadequate. I consider joy to be moments where I am able to put aside all of my expectations- of my husband, my children, my house, myself- and just live.

On Friday morning I glimpsed my former life returning on the floor of my kitchen, where I danced with my four children to the soundtrack of Mary Poppins. It was as if my soul was freed, if only temporarily, from the prison its been detained in for so long. We marched around the island and past the bar, in circles, to "Sister Suffragists," then tangoed to "Chim-chimanee," then breezed about without a care, laughing hysterically to "Let's Go Fly A Kite." I wanted to stay right in that place and savor the taste of that glee for a long while.

Looking for your spoonful of sugar? Turn on the tunes and do the Charleston in your undies. :)

1 comments:

jen said...

So true... I have learned that peace is a decision. Joy is very much like that.

blessings, jen

About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Forty-three year-old, mother and staunch advocate of four young children, passionate warrior of truth and self, finding the soul in each day, sharing my struggles and triumphs as I live them. Mostly I do this for me, so my thoughts don't race as much at night as they used to. But I also give this to those of you who need to know, in any or every way, that you are not alone.

Follow Me Through My Daisies

On My Nightstand Tonight

  • Sarah's Key
  • The Bible (NIV)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Powered by Blogger.