Sunday, June 8, 2008

Hand in hand

I spent some time with each of my three big kids, one-on-one, today. Weekends are nice because Tom's presence gives me that opportunity, which I miss terribly during the Monday through Friday grind. Liam, Tom and I played two rounds of "Clue," while Sethy slept, Ben braved the slip n- slide, and Lily watched a movie. Then Benjamin and I played about seven rounds of "Perfection," with me screaming each and every time the timer went off and the pieces flew up in the air (I scare easily, apparently- much to the delight of my children). Finally, Lily had been begging for a "mommy and Lily date" so I took her to the mall and we did a little shopping. I had a lot of fun being with her- we bought a gumball when we first walked in (I'm still such a kid). I had an urge to hold her hand, but, at the last minute thought it better to ask, since she's ten and has a reputation to uphold (ha ha ha). Luckily for me, Lily hasn't come to the conclusion,yet, that mothers are uncool- and for that, today, I feel so blessed.

My three crazy "big kids"

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Forty-three year-old, mother and staunch advocate of four young children, passionate warrior of truth and self, finding the soul in each day, sharing my struggles and triumphs as I live them. Mostly I do this for me, so my thoughts don't race as much at night as they used to. But I also give this to those of you who need to know, in any or every way, that you are not alone.

Follow Me Through My Daisies

On My Nightstand Tonight

  • Sarah's Key
  • The Bible (NIV)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive