Friday, June 6, 2008

Creative Kids

I've got these uber creative kids (especially Lily and Liam) who are constantly coming up with the most interesting things, which make me smile, and sometimes really laugh. For example, here is a couch that Lily made for her baby brother out of a box from Costco....

And then there's Liam, whose new favorite store is Michael's. A couple of weeks ago I took he and Lily there and let them pick any craft item they wanted- Liam chose a huge bucket of Crayola Model Magic. I figured it would last at least a day...ha!
it didn't even make it through the hour...here's what he did... Yep, he used it all, in about five minutes. but he loved his creation and I'm a sucker for that kind of thing.

I haven't been honing any of my creative skills lately...part of the funk I'm in or actually, just the reality of being a mother and not having enough time. I may have to go digging for a Michael's coupon in the paper Sunday- and go there, ALL BY MYSELF, and see what I can find to play around with...maybe some clay or a set of new paint pens...

In her book, The Artist's Way, Julia Cameron guides readers through different steps of healing and self-awareness, at one point suggesting that you take your inner-child shopping with $5.00 and just let loose- choosing stickers and a new box of crayons or the like. If you haven't read the book before, check it out- even the non-artsy of you would take something from this one.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Forty-three year-old, mother and staunch advocate of four young children, passionate warrior of truth and self, finding the soul in each day, sharing my struggles and triumphs as I live them. Mostly I do this for me, so my thoughts don't race as much at night as they used to. But I also give this to those of you who need to know, in any or every way, that you are not alone.

Follow Me Through My Daisies

On My Nightstand Tonight

  • Sarah's Key
  • The Bible (NIV)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive