Thursday, June 5, 2008

breaths of sweet

My 11 month old son, Seth, has been sick these past few days, struggling to be his jovial silly self while enduring fever and some pain, no doubt. He got me up this morning a little after 4, so I brought him into my bed and held him, skin-to-skin, nursing him for a while, then just stroking his legs while he ventured back into dreamland. Trying to stay present in the moment, I breathed in the sweetness of this little being, while the rain poured and thunder roared outside my open window...and i was in love with life and it felt so good.



The normally silly seth sombar

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Forty-three year-old, mother and staunch advocate of four young children, passionate warrior of truth and self, finding the soul in each day, sharing my struggles and triumphs as I live them. Mostly I do this for me, so my thoughts don't race as much at night as they used to. But I also give this to those of you who need to know, in any or every way, that you are not alone.

Follow Me Through My Daisies

On My Nightstand Tonight

  • Sarah's Key
  • The Bible (NIV)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive