Thursday, April 10, 2008

URGENT- Prayers For a Friend

Good Morning. I decided to reach out through the blogosphere today in hopes of starting a prayer chain for our friend who is in desperate need of a heart transplant. His name is Don Lehr. He is the father of our daughter Lily's close friends Kate and Emma.


Lily with Don's lovely daughters, Emma and Kate.







He underwent open-heart surgery yesterday morning, to install a VAD. While, as of last night, it was functioning, sometime yesterday his organs began to fail and his white blood cell count is still elevated (from a staph infection he contracted last week). Don is a wonderful man- extremely funny and kind- a ray of sunshine. Even when I looked like a bloated hippopotamus last year, while pregnant with Seth, he always had the sweetest things to say about my growing belly.

Please pray that his body will regain the strength it needs to hold on for a heart transplant and that peace would surround his wife Sharon and his daughters.

Thank you.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Forty-three year-old, mother and staunch advocate of four young children, passionate warrior of truth and self, finding the soul in each day, sharing my struggles and triumphs as I live them. Mostly I do this for me, so my thoughts don't race as much at night as they used to. But I also give this to those of you who need to know, in any or every way, that you are not alone.

Follow Me Through My Daisies

On My Nightstand Tonight

  • Sarah's Key
  • The Bible (NIV)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Powered by Blogger.