Thursday, February 21, 2008

Words of Inspiration By Whitman

I found this on a magnet at my local grocery store. You think I'm a nut about bumper stickers? I'm a real lunatic for quotes (on magnets, on shirts, on cards...)

I love this. It should be in the bible, its so profound and wonderful and certainly, inspirational. Actually, I think it is in the Bible, spoken by Jesus, just with a few more thous and thys and therefores.

Something to ponder in your soul today...

THIS IS WHAT YOU SHALL DO: LOVE THE EARTH AND SUN AND THE ANIMALS, DESPISE RICHES, GIVE ALMS TO EVERY ONE THAT ASKS, STAND UP FOR THE STUPID AND CRAZY, DEVOTE YOUR INCOME AND LABOR TO OTHERS, HATE TYRANTS, ARGUE NOT CONCERNING GOD, HAVE PATIENCE AND INDULGENCE TOWARD THE PEOPLE, TAKE OFF YOUR HAT TO NOTHING KNOWN OR UNKNOWN OR TO ANY MAN OR NUMBER OF MEN, GO FREELY WITH POWERFUL UNDEDUCATED PERSONS AND WITH THE YOUNG AND WITH THE MOTHERS OF FAMILIES, READ THESE LEAVES IN THE OPEN AIR EVERY SEASON OF EVERY YEAR OF YOUR LIFE, RE-EXAMINE ALL YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD AT SCHOOL OR CHURCH OR IN ANY BOOK, DISMISS WHATEVER INSULTS YOUR OWN SOUL, AND YOUR VERY FLESH SHALL BE A GREAT POEM AND HAVE THE RICHEST FLUENCY NOT ONLY IN ITS WORDS BUT IN THE SILENT LINES OF ITS LIPS AND FACE AND BETWEEN THE LASHES OF YOUR EYES AND IN EVERY MOTION AND JOINT OF YOUR BODY...

2 comments:

Scott R. Davis said...

I found your blog through your blogging community. I too love poetry by Whitman. He is so true to earth. May you be blessed in your family. ENjoy the goodness of God. In His grace. I also have a blog at www.scottrdavis.blogspot.com
enjoy

kirsten said...

judy,
that sounds divinely inspired, scripture in a new whitman-esque language!
thinking of you today.
wish you blessings & love & peace.
*k

About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Forty-three year-old, mother and staunch advocate of four young children, passionate warrior of truth and self, finding the soul in each day, sharing my struggles and triumphs as I live them. Mostly I do this for me, so my thoughts don't race as much at night as they used to. But I also give this to those of you who need to know, in any or every way, that you are not alone.

Follow Me Through My Daisies

On My Nightstand Tonight

  • Sarah's Key
  • The Bible (NIV)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive