Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Gettin' Life

I'm sitting here in the dark, on the loveseat in my "writing sanctuary", remembering back to the days where my friend Tony and I would practice a ritual we'd created called "getting life"- we'd lay on the floor of his Arlington, Virginia apartment, with a bottle of wine, close our eyes and breathe in music like it was the very oxygen we needed to exist. The distant lights from all over D.C. reflected in his livingroom window, we would feel more alive than ever, and I never wanted to leave that place. Fifteen years later and a piece of me is still there- entranced in the melodies...

Judy's Gettin' Life Playlist

1 comments:

jen said...

Wow, how did I miss these last several entries? I have you on my igoogle but it did not let me know that you had updated...glad to see you are getting happy after that root canal day... poor you. Like the song..add some more...Never read much Walt Whitman. Very nice poem, I will check into that. or you can just post more. lol

~jen

About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Forty-three year-old, mother and staunch advocate of four young children, passionate warrior of truth and self, finding the soul in each day, sharing my struggles and triumphs as I live them. Mostly I do this for me, so my thoughts don't race as much at night as they used to. But I also give this to those of you who need to know, in any or every way, that you are not alone.

Follow Me Through My Daisies

On My Nightstand Tonight

  • Sarah's Key
  • The Bible (NIV)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive