Monday, January 21, 2008

Our Day

I would love to report that the spirit of love and generosity spread through my home in honor of Dr. King today, but, alas- No- we spent the holiday in our usual chaos of quarrels- over the computer, over the remote, over who sits next to mommy for lunch, Then there was the trip into the city to the pediatrician due to Seth's ear infection (the cause of his all-night scream fest and my lack of sleep last night). There were some special moments- we had blueberry pancakes for breakfast, which I made and didn't burn (LOL). Lily baked a double layer chocolate cake, Liam made cupcakes with sprinkles, and Benjamin made brownies for our Martin Luther King birthday party.

At 7:15, Georgina, the 7 yr. old next door, came over to serenade Mr. King and hear Tom read "I Have A Dream". All in all, we had fun, and I'm going to sleep. Good night.

1 comments:

jen said...

I love that book but I always cry when I read it.

~jen

About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Forty-three year-old, mother and staunch advocate of four young children, passionate warrior of truth and self, finding the soul in each day, sharing my struggles and triumphs as I live them. Mostly I do this for me, so my thoughts don't race as much at night as they used to. But I also give this to those of you who need to know, in any or every way, that you are not alone.

Follow Me Through My Daisies

On My Nightstand Tonight

  • Sarah's Key
  • The Bible (NIV)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive