Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Boom Boom Boom

We started the new year off with a bang- literally.....Lily, Liam and I danced around our front porch beating on pots and pans and fervently ringing our wind chimes, in harmony with our most spirited neighbors, the Dinardos and the McCabes. My children looked at me as if I'd lost my mind when I demanded that they accompany me outside at 12:55 to get ready to celebrate 2008 with lots of noise. Lily kept worrying aloud "Mommy...what if we are the only ones out here? What if we wake everybody up? We didn't do this last year, Mommy...Mommy, I don't know about this..." Then there was Liam- "Bang pots and pans, Mommy? Are we really allowed to do this? Can we practice first?"


This was the most fun I've had on new years eve, perhaps in my life, and I am so grateful to my awesome kids for trusting me, in the moment, enough to let loose. And I'm so thrilled to live in this neighborhood- where my kids can be kids and so can I.

May 2008 be full of crazy times and happy memories like these.

Goodnight everybody!!!

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Forty-three year-old, mother and staunch advocate of four young children, passionate warrior of truth and self, finding the soul in each day, sharing my struggles and triumphs as I live them. Mostly I do this for me, so my thoughts don't race as much at night as they used to. But I also give this to those of you who need to know, in any or every way, that you are not alone.

Follow Me Through My Daisies

On My Nightstand Tonight

  • Sarah's Key
  • The Bible (NIV)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive