Friday, October 12, 2007

Things That Make You Go Hmmm................


I am reading a very interesting book right now- "Your Money or Your Life" by Vicki Robin and Joe Dominguez. In chapter two, there is a very enlightening definition of money as "something we choose to trade our life energy for." The authors then go on to state that if you are 40 years old, you can expect to have approximately "329,601 hours of life energy left before you die. Assuming about half of your time is spent on necessary body maintenance-sleeping, eating, eliminating, washing and exercising- you have 164,800 hours of life energy remaining for such discretionary uses as: your relationship to yourself, your relationship to others, your creative expression, your contribution to your community, your contribution to the world, achieving inner peace and holding down a job." Well, I don't know about you, but the "holding down a job" part occupies so much of our time, it doesn't seem like there are many hours left to do the other six activities. Of course, as a full-time mom, I am no longer a part of the wage-earning work force (yeah- no kidding, right?) but Tom, my husband is, and I know that he feels both the joys and pains of his job on a daily basis, and is beginning to believe the the cons are getting much heavier to bear than the pros. We are starting to think about this. Thinking.....................

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Forty-three year-old, mother and staunch advocate of four young children, passionate warrior of truth and self, finding the soul in each day, sharing my struggles and triumphs as I live them. Mostly I do this for me, so my thoughts don't race as much at night as they used to. But I also give this to those of you who need to know, in any or every way, that you are not alone.

Follow Me Through My Daisies

On My Nightstand Tonight

  • Sarah's Key
  • The Bible (NIV)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Powered by Blogger.