Monday, October 15, 2007

Great Grandparents

Granny with Lily, Tom and Seth, at our favorite ice cream spot- Brusters
Grandpa "Paul" sharing his popsicles with Ben and his buddies Trevor and Mikey





My parents left yesterday after an extended visit to our abode. Growing up, there were many occasions when I wanted to disown them- as we clashed on many levels- mostly pertaining to my independant spirit (and my love of boys- ahem). Now, however, I love watching them, as grandparents, nurture and love my children. My Dad, very proudly, walked Lily and Liam to school in the mornings, my Mom would whip our laundry (when the washer was working) into shape everyday, and both of them would play "jackpot"- a card game my father invented, where the kids win coupons for treats and a little money. Lily, Liam, Benjamin, and Seth are very lucky to be so loved and I'm so happy for them. We would all be better people if we had grandparents like my parents.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Forty-three year-old, mother and staunch advocate of four young children, passionate warrior of truth and self, finding the soul in each day, sharing my struggles and triumphs as I live them. Mostly I do this for me, so my thoughts don't race as much at night as they used to. But I also give this to those of you who need to know, in any or every way, that you are not alone.

Follow Me Through My Daisies

On My Nightstand Tonight

  • Sarah's Key
  • The Bible (NIV)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Powered by Blogger.