Saturday, September 29, 2007

Friends Forever?


Casey Henry and Lila- who let me into their corner about 6 months ago- and whose friendships with me are full of such laughter and silliness.
Stacey Walls and I, before Seth's birth. We could be sisters......



Life in our culture can be very transient- we move for jobs, better schools, bigger houses, politics....Tom and I have relocated our family four times since Lily's birth, and through it all, have gained and lost a number of close friends (or whom we thought were close friends- you find out the truth very quickly when being in relationship isn't so convenient anymore). Since moving to Pittsburgh, especially within the last year, I've formed some frienships which are extremely meaningful to me, and ones which I hope will survive any future transitions (on our part or theirs). I got to spend time with each of these women yesterday and it really made me feel such appreciation for the depth of our conversations and spiritual connections (try not to gag- that was really sappy). Its so refreshing to be able to show your true colors (mine are rather fluorescent sometimes, I know) and still be welcome back. Its nice that they, mutually exclusive of one another, are so genuine in their caring for me and my kids, and in nurturing our friendship beyond the surface level. Thank you, thank you, thank you, for including me in your lives. My life is richer for the hours I've spent with you.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Forty-three year-old, mother and staunch advocate of four young children, passionate warrior of truth and self, finding the soul in each day, sharing my struggles and triumphs as I live them. Mostly I do this for me, so my thoughts don't race as much at night as they used to. But I also give this to those of you who need to know, in any or every way, that you are not alone.

Follow Me Through My Daisies

On My Nightstand Tonight

  • Sarah's Key
  • The Bible (NIV)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive