Sunday, September 23, 2007

date night

thanks to my parents arrival and generosity, tom & I got to go on a date for the first time since seth's birth.
Lily got me all made up with new blush, mascara, and eyeshadow, which I hardly ever wear!

we went to Nakama (Japanese), where we love to dine every once in a while. they'd sent us a coupon for our anniversary so the bill wasn't nearly as pricey as normal. I had the most fabulous drinks- a keylime martini and a chocolate banana martini. I was in heaven. The food was divine, as always, from the miso soup to the salad (i had two of those) to the grilled veggies and meat.

Tom and I were both stuffed to the gills when we left. Then we came home, hung out with Granny and Liam for a while (listening to Liam's non-stop diatribe about his bionicle creature- how romantic), then sent them all to bed so we could download and watch the fourth episode of The Shield (latest season). Perfect way to end the night- I got to sleep next to my husband in bed for a change, for at least a few hours, before Benjamin came like a zombie and plopped himself in between us.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Forty-three year-old, mother and staunch advocate of four young children, passionate warrior of truth and self, finding the soul in each day, sharing my struggles and triumphs as I live them. Mostly I do this for me, so my thoughts don't race as much at night as they used to. But I also give this to those of you who need to know, in any or every way, that you are not alone.

Follow Me Through My Daisies

On My Nightstand Tonight

  • Sarah's Key
  • The Bible (NIV)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive