Monday, September 10, 2007

Big Ben and His Baby


For the past three months, since Seth was born, we've been a little concerned that Benjamin was not faring so well, having the "baby of the family" role taken away from him. Bedtime has been especially challenging, with Ben punching and kicking his way out of bed and screaming through the house, terrorizing his siblings (and us) sometimes for hours. Tom and I have both thought the situation was hopeless and just wanted to bury ourselves in some sort of hole, fearing we'd made a horrendous error in judgement by growing our family beyond three. My heart was lifted this morning, however, when Ben, while ushering his friends Trevor and Mikey into the house, said "do not scream guys because my baby is sleeping!" At that moment I knew that no permanent damage had been done by adding a fourth child to our wonderful family- and how beautiful it is to see Ben, my rough-around-the-edges boy, accept Seth into his life in such a loving way.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Forty-three year-old, mother and staunch advocate of four young children, passionate warrior of truth and self, finding the soul in each day, sharing my struggles and triumphs as I live them. Mostly I do this for me, so my thoughts don't race as much at night as they used to. But I also give this to those of you who need to know, in any or every way, that you are not alone.

Follow Me Through My Daisies

On My Nightstand Tonight

  • Sarah's Key
  • The Bible (NIV)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive