Thursday, August 23, 2007

Hard Days Night

These have been some tough days for me. Tom is away for three days/nights on business, the temperature is sweltering and humid- and WE HAVE NO A/C, and I'm tired. Between the lack of consistent sleep (Seth is still waking up in the night a couple of times- last night 3 times, to be exact) and the rainforest climate of my abode, I am at the end of my proverbial rope. Thank God for Granny, who flew in yesterday to give me a hand. She "watched" Seth for me today, while I slaved away at the display case at the elementary school (who in the world talks a woman with a newborn into doing such torturous things- my neighbor Donna!), and while I took the kids to Trevor Turkovich's 5th birthday party tonight (Seth is in a nighttime sleep routine, beginning at 6pm, that I WILL NOT DEVIATE FROM FOR ANYTHING IN THE WORLD). Anyway, I am feeling blessed for the gift of family (my mom) and friends (Val and Amanda, who I had fun chatting with tonight at the party). Coping is difficult when you can't see the light at the end of the tunnel, but it sure helps when you have some really good people on your side, even for a moment or two, to make you feel human again.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Forty-three year-old, mother and staunch advocate of four young children, passionate warrior of truth and self, finding the soul in each day, sharing my struggles and triumphs as I live them. Mostly I do this for me, so my thoughts don't race as much at night as they used to. But I also give this to those of you who need to know, in any or every way, that you are not alone.

Follow Me Through My Daisies

On My Nightstand Tonight

  • Sarah's Key
  • The Bible (NIV)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Powered by Blogger.