Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Love

I felt the pitter pat of Seth's hands and feet inside my belly last night and I marveled at the miracle of life and a mother's love. Oh, how I love you little boy. This morning I helped Benjamin make Valentine cards for his classmates and watched as he wrote his name by himself for the very first time. No box of chocolates or fancy jewelry could make me as proud as I felt at that moment with him. He grinned from ear to ear, so delighted with his newfound abilities. Lily constructed her cards at the crack of dawn this morning- she's an early bird like her Daddy. I came down to find my kitchen counter full of the loveliest Valentines, all made so unique for each one of her classmates. She is a wonder and I love her more and more each minute. She is so much like me but a better, more refined version. I love seeing her creative juices flow so easily. Liam spent the evening finishing up his "100 project" and you could see his pride over his handiwork from a mile away. This morning he's been vegging in front of the TV and very happily communing with his siblings. These are the times I am so happy for a big family- we are so blessed.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Forty-three year-old, mother and staunch advocate of four young children, passionate warrior of truth and self, finding the soul in each day, sharing my struggles and triumphs as I live them. Mostly I do this for me, so my thoughts don't race as much at night as they used to. But I also give this to those of you who need to know, in any or every way, that you are not alone.

Follow Me Through My Daisies

On My Nightstand Tonight

  • Sarah's Key
  • The Bible (NIV)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Powered by Blogger.