Monday, January 29, 2007

Learning

I laid with Lily for a long time last night, which I love. When I am able to escape from the random floating thoughts of all I have to get done around the house before I climb into bed, I find myself lost in a sea of tranquility with my kids as they drift off to sleepyland. Yesterday, as part of our typical night-time routine, Lily and I read a chapter (it was a long one) out of the book Hatchet, about the 13 yr. old boy who went down in a plane crash....very riveting. Then we started our new journey learning about the history of each first lady- beginning, of course, with Martha Washington. I am having such a good time being a parent to Lily-whose curiosity about history is so invigorating to me. We cheated and skipped ahead and looked at the birth and death dates of some of our most recent presidential wives and were rather stunned that it appeared that Lady Bird Johnson is still alive. We called my dad to confirm and then talked about the ages of Betty Ford, Rosalynn Carter, Nancy Reagan, Barbara Bush, Hillary Clinton, and Laura Bush. Then it was lights out, much to our chagrine. :) I love being a mother. It is my best life ever!

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Forty-three year-old, mother and staunch advocate of four young children, passionate warrior of truth and self, finding the soul in each day, sharing my struggles and triumphs as I live them. Mostly I do this for me, so my thoughts don't race as much at night as they used to. But I also give this to those of you who need to know, in any or every way, that you are not alone.

Follow Me Through My Daisies

On My Nightstand Tonight

  • Sarah's Key
  • The Bible (NIV)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Powered by Blogger.